Website NC Museum of History Associates
MOHA is one of two support groups for the NC Museum of History
Special Events + Engagement Specialist
The Special Events + Engagement Specialist will act as an integral part of the MOHA staff as the position leads the way in event planning, execution, and member engagement. This role will plan and execute, with the support of other MOHA staff, all member related events including: VIP/Members Only receptions, Museum Days, Spring Frolic (the annual gala), and Young Associates events as they arise. Events are the fundamental way in which the organization recruits and retains members in support of the North Carolina Museum of History.
This is a full-time position and will report directly to the Managing + Creative Director. Event, auction, and nonprofit experience required. This is a forward-facing position that requires excellent organizational and people skills. Evening and weekend work is required once we move back into an event schedule and will include minimal statewide travel when travel resumes. Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required. Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Develop and attend special events in tandem with the Managing + Creative Director and other key staff.
- Work with chairs, committees, and board members on event goals.
- Liaison with event chairs, committee, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Create and maintain financials and budgets for all events.
- Maintain data entry as related to events; familiarity with Blackbaud/Altru a plus!
- Coordinate, negotiate rates, and be the point person for vendors.
- Manage and coordinate a silent and live auction for the gala; smaller auctions where applicable for other events.
- Work to ensure optimal engagement with current and prospective members through events.
- Manage all points of event set-up and breakdown.
- Ensure events are executed according to timeline.
- Work with Managing + Creative Director on all print and digital communications regarding events.
- Communicate with museum staff/off-site venue staff concerning requirements for special events (security, space, schedule etc.).
- Ensure all licenses and permits are acquired including background check required every 6 months; work with museum staff to ensure they have correct permits.
- Manage invoicing, payments, and receipts for events.
- Responsible for reconciling event records and reporting accurate, reconciled budget.
- Events included but are not limited to (in-person events are currently not scheduled; all events are virtual until further notice):
- Exhibition openings (cocktail receptions)
- Quarterly First Friday Members Only Social Hour
- Museum Days (off-site events; 4/year)
- Annual Holiday Party
- Spring Frolic (annual gala planned for April 2022)
- Benefactors Dinner + Program
- Young Associates Events
- Support North Carolina Museum of History Foundation events as needed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com