Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) seeks to recruit 2-3 Activations Coordinators to assist in the planning and execution of weekend events from March – October. We are looking for an individual to lead Moore Square Market and Dine Out Downtown, who is customer-focused, experienced in event management and passionate about Downtown Raleigh. Moore Square Market is Downtown Raleigh’s weekly farmers market produced in partnership with City of Raleigh. Dine Out Downtown is a new initiative where DRA closes streets, provides music and entertainment, and sets up tables/chairs to provide expanded outdoor dining for restaurants. To learn more about shift expectations, see the position environment section.
Manage day-of logistics for Moore Square Market including:
- Transport and set-up of market materials
- Oversee vendor set-up and breakdown, track attendance, and serve as a source of information
- Collect vendor fees, process SNAP/EBT sales, and maintain accurate records of payment
Manage day-of logistics for Dine Out Downtown including:
- Timely set-up and breakdown of tables/chairs, signage, and other material
- Management and coordination of vendors, staff, and volunteers
- Communicate with participating businesses and performers/entertainment
- Required to drive company provided pick-up truck with trailer to transport materials for activations
Uphold event safety standards and sanitize equipment as needed
Work with the Placemaking and Activations Manager to evaluate and enhance activations
- 1-2 years of experience in event management, communications, parks and recreation, or any other related field
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours per month to be assigned for at least two weekends, inclusive of Saturday evenings and Sundays
- Employment dependent on background screening, valid driver’s license, and clear driving history
Skills and Capabilities:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing or retail roles
- Strong event management and organizational skills
- Be proactive and forward-thinking
- Possess strong level of curiosity and be community-driven
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Big picture thinker and detail-oriented
- Be willing to engage with and be passionate about helping the downtown Raleigh community
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and stand up for up to six (6) hours at a time
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Able to move equipment, which may include pushing, pulling, and lifting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Activations Coordinator is a non-exempt employee and will be paid $18-20 per hour based on experience.
The Activations Coordinators will be trained to manage both Dine Out Downtown and Moore Square Market but are not expected to work every weekend. The Activations Coordinator will be expected to work approximately 20 hours per month with time split between Moore Square Market on Sundays from 9:00 am-4:00 pm or Dine Out Downtown, every other Saturday from 4:00-11:00 pm. Moore Square Market’s hours of operation are Sundays from 11:00 am-3:00 pm beginning May 2, 2021 and ending October 3, 2021. Dine Out Downtown’s hours of operation will be 6:00-9:00 pm, every other Saturday beginning March 20, 2021.
Downtown Raleigh Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or other reasons prohibited by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, use of all company facilities, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, participation in any of the organization’s programs or services, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
To apply for this job please visit downtownraleigh.org.